A Strategic Plan for the FIP
Ask yourself, can the FIP answer these questions?
- What is the FIP for? What is our vision?
- What are our Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats? What do we do well? What do we do badly?
- Does our organisation help us to achieve our objectives?
- What will we be doing in two, five and ten years’ time?
- Do our members and exhibitors trust us? How do we earn and retain the trust of our members?
- Do we communicate our objectives to our members? Do we have a common set of objectives? How do we make sure that we listen to them?
- Are international exhibitions sustainable in their present form?
- How do we develop our hobby? (not just exhibiting, but the whole world of philately)
- We are a wealthy organisation – in philatelic terms. What is the money for?
The honest answer to these questions is that we don’t know because we probably haven’t discussed them since 18th June 1926 – and it’s time that we did.
Register your interest, and say what you think. click here to register